CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Liberty & Chambers Counties advocates for the best interest of abused and neglected children in the court system, through the training and support of community volunteers.
To provide all children in the Foster Care System in Liberty & Chambers Counties with:
- a trained, devoted Advocate who will act as the eyes and ears for the Judge
- a Fostering Futures program that interacts with youth between 13-18 years of age
- a Family Finding program that focuses on finding family for every youth in the system
To provide each Advocate with:
- concise thorough training before they are sworn in as an Advocate
- strong, consistent support throughout the case by the Advocate Coordinators
- additional training on subjects pertinent to the youth’s needs
- updated sources to fulfill the youth’s needs
CASA of Liberty & Chambers Counties is part of a national volunteer movement that began in 1977 when Judge David Soukup in Seattle decided he needed to know more about the children whose lives were in his hands. His solution was to ask community volunteers to act as a “voice in court” for abused and neglected children. These Court Appointed Special Advocate® (CASAs) provided him with the detailed information he needed to safeguard the children’s best interests and ensure that they were placed in safe, permanent homes as quickly as possible. The program was so successful that it was copied around the nation.
CASA of Liberty & Chambers Counties is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors, and a member of the National and Texas CASA Associations. There are more than 1,000 CASA programs nationwide and 71 CASA programs in the state of Texas. This local program was founded in September 2009 when 5 dedicated individuals gathered around a kitchen table with $300 in the bank. Through their vision and persistence, 10 committed Board members grew our organization through participation at meetings, fundraising, and spreading the message of CASA; to provide and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child in our two counties has the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing, permanent home.
CASA of Liberty/Chambers Counties annual report for 2017
download Your Copy Today!!