Take the first step to becoming a CASA advocate:


Donating stocks or securities provides us with crucial financial support needed to make a lifelong difference in the lives of abused and neglected children while at the same time providing you with an opportunity to save on capital gains taxation of appreciated securities. You can donate securities by transferring stock certificates or stock held through a broker.

wtg_stock-security-giftsStock Held Through Your Broker:

Most brokerage firms will require a letter of intent from you to request an electronic transfer of shares to CASA of Liberty & Chambers Counties.

Please call Kimberly Stephens 936-334-9000 or send an email to for the Tax ID Number and the Account.

Stock Certificates:

To transfer stock certificates, you will require a stock power for each certificate that you plan to donate. The stock powers need to be signature guaranteed – simply go to your local bank or broker and have them witness your signature. They will stamp it accordingly. After you have signed the powers, mail the certificates in one envelope and the signed stock powers with the signature guarantee in a separate envelope. Mail the two envelopes to Kimberly Stephens, Executive Director, CASA of Liberty & Chambers Counties, P.O. Box 9027, Liberty, Texas 77575.

To ensure the arrival of your gift, we recommend that the stock certificate be sent by certified mail with return receipt requested.